Monday, September 14, 2009

My Girly-Girl Pot Holder: My Ultimate Life Saver

See this?  This happens to be at the top of my Horrid Gifts from Hubby list.  I mean, look at it!  It's baby pink and baby blue with sweet little flowers and shit.  Geez, it's like my husband doesn't even know me. :(  

I like my old pair of green monster hands pot holders better.  He bought me those and I immediately fell in love.  But of course, those beautiful monster hands have been through so many kitchen wars.  They became filthy beyond washing, tattered beyond sewing...well, they just died.  And so this pair of cutesy mitts took their place.

I use them because I have to (how much fashion sense can you wield in a kitchen making mushroom soup anyway?), not because I like them.  But yesterday...I REALLY LOVED THEM!

I was making barbecue and this little meat piece fell into the grill.  Now this isn't just a regular, run-of-the-mill meat piece.  It was my special fatty piece!  So I panicked and reached into the grill before the meat fell into the fire and coals.  It was instinct and stupid reflex.  And wouldn't you know it --my hand was saved by this horrid, cutesy mitt!  Note that the poor thing was singed on the tip of the fingers and the thumb.  And my fingers came out unscathed.  

So ok, I'm loving these pair of pot holders.  For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment