Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Are You A Career Daredevil?

I'm asking because I'm not.
I'm more like a Career Chicken.  20 years in the same industry --what does that tell you?
I know of some people who have made drastic career shifts and live to tell the tale.  The writer who's now a chef.  The advertising manager who's now a restaurant owner.  The vet who's now a theater actor.
These are amazing leaps of faith they've taken.  And I can bet my life they can do them again.
Me, my biggest evolution is from being a top manager of a powerful firm to being a stay-at-home mom.  And I'm completely botching THAT up.
But ...that's not my point.  My point is, I do have a job offer and it's far from my 20-year comfort zone.  It's all about digital technology.  And I'm all about being 40 years old who's digital knowledge amounts only to Yahoo Mail and Facebook.  
But the digital guys like me so I might just take the leap of faith.  
Eyes shut.  
Arms flailing.  
Screaming all the way down.
If things don't work out, I'll remember all my 20 years of bliss in therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment